hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any possibility of including fixes for HTTPCLIENT-1266 and HTTPCLIENT-1268 in the 4.2.3 release?
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 13:04:31 GMT
On Sat, 2012-12-08 at 05:15 -0500, Karl Wright wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> ManifoldCF's current release is planned for 12/31/2012.  It would be
> great if that release could include fixes for the NTLM issues
> mentioned above.  ManifoldCF currently builds/runs against HttpClient
> 4.2.2.  Who is doing the release planning for 4.2.3, and what would
> your thinking on this matter be?
>
> Best regards,
> Karl

Karl

We do not have a formal release road map. Things happen as they happen.
Generally we tend to have a release every 3 to 4 months.

I am trying to get the first ALPHA version of 4.3 released soon. I would
like to cut the 4.2.3 release at the same time.

I am between contracts right now and most likely will have time to work
on HttpClient in the coming weeks or even months but cannot really
promise those releases will happen before year's end.

If you do not want to depend on our somewhat chaotic release cycle there
is always an option to create a SVN copy of the class in the
ManifoldCF's namespace and eliminate it in a future release once
HttpClient 4.2.3 GA becomes available.

Does this sound acceptable?

Oleg