hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Moore <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log misleading for User-Agent
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:38:50 GMT
Yes, I'd be in favor of either one of these changes (removing or
reporting dynamically the right version). I'd probably lean towards
removing it if pressed to express an opinion.

As I recall (although I don't have the code in front of me), the
CachingHttpClient sends a slightly different User-Agent, mentioning
the fact that the cache is present in the stack in the comment field.
I think this made sense originally, when it was really an add-on
module. However, since Oleg is re-wiring the "stack" for the default
client in 4.3, that may not be needed any more.

It could just be that I'm remembering the comment in the Via header
the caching layer adds, though; in which case the caching client
wouldn't modify the User-Agent.

Jon