hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1396793
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 02:09:29 GMT
On 11 October 2012 15:47, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 22:11 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> On 10 October 2012 21:51,  <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Author: olegk
>> > Date: Wed Oct 10 20:51:30 2012
>> > New Revision: 1396793

>> > Log:
>> > HTTPCLIENT-1248: Default and lax redirect strategies should not convert requests
redirected with 307 status to GET method

>> The above code converts unknown methods into GET.
>> If a new method is added, that will be incorrect.
>>
>> It might be useful to know when this is happening; maybe an assert
>> would be useful here?
>> Or a log message?
>>
>> Or is it possible to write a clone/copy method that works for all
>> possible methods?
>> Maybe methods should know how to clone themselves?
>>

> This is a good point. I reworked the method to make use of the new
> RequestBuilder class to create a mutable copy of the original request
> prior to setting the request URI.

> Please review

Looks much better and less fragile.

Not quite sure why getMethod should default to POST/GET if the method
is null - why should the method ever be null? Isn't that a bug?

Also, method names are case-significant, so should probably not upcase.

Per the Tomcat issues list:

RFCs 2616, 2068, and 1945 all agree that method name is case-sensitive:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec5.html#sec5.1.1
<<