hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpAsyncContentProducer & IOControl
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 16:59:40 GMT
I'm working on implementing an HttpAsyncContentProducer. The content
requires some blocking to produce, so instead of tying up the IO thread, I
*believe* I need to use the IOControl method suspendOutput() to prevent
future calls to produceContent(). However this opens up the question, how
do I inform the IO thread to start calling produceContent() again? Do I
need to save a reference to the IOControl object in the thread producing
the content, and then have that thread call requestOutput()?

Essentially, what would the pseudocode look like for
an HttpAsyncContentProducer that must block to product it's content?

Thanks!

Bill-