hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Building HC site; was Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.2 release based on RC1
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:29:25 GMT
On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 08:39 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I'm slightly confused (I've quit drinking coffee you see). On most projects
> (all Apache Commons sub-projects I've seen) I work with I can do "mvn site"
> and then browse through the reports. Not here.
>
> I downloaded the tag and ran "mvn site" and got the error in
> http://pastebin.com/r2Y2Yxkt
>
> It looks like building the 4.2.2 site tries to download 4.2.2 instead of
> using what's been built locally.
>
> What am I missing? How can I get the site built for the software downloaded?
>
> Gary

Hi Gary

The 4.2.2 artifacts have not yet been published to Maven central, so you
need to build and install them locally prior to building the site.

Try running 'mvn clean install site'. This should get you past
javadocs:aggregate. Please note, though, Clover plugin used by all HC
modules is incompatible with Maven 3 [1]. You will have to use Maven
2.2.1 in order to generate the full site including coverage reports.

Oleg

[1] https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/CLMVN-136