hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an HttpAsyncRequestHandler from an HttpRequest
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 18:56:54 GMT
What we'd truly like to do is resolve a request based upon host first,
then based upon URI. Certainly rolling-out a handler for /*, then
having that handler call the other handlers based upon host/URI would
work, but it feels ugly.

Do you want me to open a JIRA ticket with patch to make
HttpAsyncService.getRequestHandler() protected?

I'd be willing to put some work into making these interfaces more
generic, should I open a JIRA for that discussion, or keep it here?

Such changes would have to be released with 5.0 as they would probably
be API breaking, correct. I realize we're only on 4.2.X for core, but
is it worth starting a 5.0 branch for these types of things? We could
also probably delete a lot of deprecated code.

Let me know and I could probably start on that effort if you think
it's worth it now.

Thanks!

Bill-