hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resolving an HttpAsyncRequestHandler from an HttpRequest
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:56:00 GMT
On Fri, 2012-08-03 at 16:31 -0400, William Speirs wrote:
> The HttpAsyncRequestHandlerResolver interface only allows for
> resolving an HttpAsyncRequestHandler via URI, and
> HttpAsyncService.getRequestHandler() is marked as private, so
> extending that class to change functionality it's possible. What would
> be the easiest way to change HttpCore-NIO to resolve an
> HttpAsyncRequestHandler from an HttpRequest?
>
> I am looking to resolve based upon the Host header... essentially,
> providing virtual host support to HttpCore-NIO.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bill-

Hi Bill

Making HttpAsyncService#getRequestHandler() protected would probably be
the easiest. However, we could consider deprecating
HttpRequestHandlerResolver and HttpAsyncRequestHandlerResolver in favor
of more generic interfaces.

Please note that as an interim solution you can always make
HttpAsyncRequestHandlerResolver resolve the request URI to a
HttpAsyncRequestHandler that delegates request processing to custom
handlers based on some other properties of the request.

Oleg