hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.1 release based on RC1
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:59:42 GMT
On 29 June 2012 21:59, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.1.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.2.1-RC1/

Unfortunately the file TestUriBuilder.java contains some non-ASCII
characters, and is corrupt in the zip archive.

I think this is because the <fixcrlf> Ant tasks in
src/main/assembly/build.xml need the encoding to be specified.

The following setting works for me:

     encoding="iso-8859-1"

It would also be possible to use UTF-8 if the file were fixed to use UTF-8.

Note: the problem does not occur for me when the encoding is omitted,
I think because my default encoding is suitable.