hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Weden <messa...@email.com>
Subject Akka + httpclient vs httpasyncclient
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:16:14 GMT
This week I had the pleasure of wrapping my httpclient.execute() call of httpcomponents httpclient
in an akka future. I'm no expert but I think with this and the oncomplete() callback, I made
the sending of http requests and receiving of the replies both asynchronous and non-blocking.
(I'm using the threadedclientconnmanager and hope to upgrade to poolingconmanager when I move
to version 4.2.)

My question is why not pose this as a solution rather than build httpasyncclient? Httpasyncclient
 doesn't appear to use akka and so you don't get all the benefits and performance of akka.
I am very curious therefore to understand the benefits and drawbacks of my solution vs that
of httpasyncclient architecture.  Thanks in advance and Happy Fathers Day to the fathers on
this list.

Regards,

Jason Weden