hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2 release
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 22:06:58 GMT
On 13 May 2012 17:11, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.2-RC1/

httpclient/src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/DummyHttpClient.java

does not have an AL header.

> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.2-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Non-ascii character(s) in text file:

Contributed by Ralf Pöhlmann <rpn at methodpark.de>

Ideally only use ascii in text files.
Not a blocker, but should be fixed -.i.e. as Poehlmann - if there is
any other reason to reroll.

Clirr reports:

org.apache.http.client.params.AuthPolicy
Value of compile-time constant SPNEGO has been changed

It was originally "negotiate" and is now "Negotiate".

Since constants are inlined, code built against 4.1 will continue to
use the lower-case version, but if code is recompiled it will use the
mixed case version.

As far as I can tell, the constant is converted to lower-case before
use, so it looks as though the change won't cause any issues, but it
would have been better to mention it in the release notes.