hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP specification problem: DefaultResponseParser
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:10:46 GMT
On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 17:00 +0300, Ivan Vaskevych wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> httpclient: 4.1.3
> httpcore: 4.1.4
>
> I get a response from the http server with empty status, and get the
> ProtocolException from HC. The stack trace is below.
> The site is https. Browsers (IE, Firefox) open the page successfully.
> Checked with Fiddler, no status in the first line indeed, just "HTTP/1.1",
> then goes LF-CR and "Date:...."
>
> The research shows that omitted status code in the response from the server
> means it's 200 OK (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3875, p.23).
> Can you please check this?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Ivan

As far as I know the official document that specifies the HTTP protocol
is still RFC 2616 [1]. The protocol specification is quite clear as to
what constitutes a valid HTTP status line (see section 6.1)

This, however, does not prevent you from using a custom, more lenient
response parser, as described here [2]

Hope this helps

Oleg

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html