hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.0-beta1 release based on RC1
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:47:17 GMT
On 17 February 2012 10:00, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents AsyncClient
> 4.0-beta1. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
> from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpasyncclient-4.0-beta1-RC1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpasyncclient-4.0-beta1-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-016/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/tags/4.0-beta1-RC1/

The bin.xml file uses the SVN $Date$ variable - which uses local time
- so for me the file in the SVN tag is not quite the same as the file
in the source archive.

I don't think this is a blocker, but $Date$ should be eliminated from
all source files before the next release.
Note that $Id$ includes the date, but uses UTC rather than local time.

The file also includes $HeadUrl$ but that does not seem to have been enabled.
This can potentially also cause differences e.g. if https is not used
for both, but is less of an issue as there is a work-round.