hc-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.1.3 release based on RC1
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:21:28 GMT
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 February 2012 12:38, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1.3.
>> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
>> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
>> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>>
>> Packages:
>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1.3-RC1/
>>
>> Release notes:
>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.1.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>>
>> Maven artefacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-177/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>>
>> SVN tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1.3-RC1/
>
> No AL header:
> src/test/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/cache/TestHttpCacheJiraNumber1147.java
>
> [also the one-line site.css files, but they don't count/need headers]

>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Client 4.1.3  release
>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.1.3.
>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> -0
>
> Artifacts otherwise look fine.

Looks ok to me too so I'm +1 on releasing.

What i've been told about the license headers is that the top level
LICENSE file covers everything anyway so the headers aren't 100%
required and the odd missing one on a file without significant
intellectual property is ok. This one is only a test class and it
doesn't look like it has significant IP to me so I don't think it
needs to cause a respin.

   ...ant