hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore 4.1.4 and pipelined client
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:31:12 GMT
On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 10:50 +0000, Mark Thornton wrote:
> I am trying to implement a pipelined client using 4.1.4 (Async client
> and core 4.2 aren't yet GA). It would appear that
> AsyncNHttpClientHandler does not permit pipelining.

No, it does not. The expect-continue handshake support and request
pipelining are pretty much mutually exclusive. Default protocol handlers
shipped with HttpCore implement expect-continue handshaking as it is
required by the HTTP/1.1 specification, while request pipelining is
optional.

>  Is it sufficient to
> replace this class or are there other problems lurking elsewhere?

One can always to choose to implement a custom protocol handler instead
of using the default one. It should be perfectly ok to replace
AsyncNHttpClientHandler.

Hope this helps

Oleg