hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpcomponents authentication/digest parsing
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:51:28 GMT
On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 01:13 -0500, Tim Warren wrote:
> I see that the httpclient has methods/classes to aid in authentication via
> Basic/Digest, but the httpcomponents/core doesn't have any.
>
> Am I missing it through my searches, or do I have to write my own routines
> for server-side processing of the authentication?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Warren.

Hi Tim

For historical reasons HttpComponents do not have a fully functional
HTTP server module with server side components for HTTP state management
(cookies), authentication and so on. HttpCore is limited to transport
components only.

I guess we would happily accept such components if you were to
contribute them.

Oleg