hc-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik K <oss....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resource Release Helper methods - HTTPCLIENT-1159
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:42:05 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-01-18 at 13:34 -0800, Karthik K wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org
> >wrote:

> closes

> > > I'll happily commit the patch to SVN trunk if no objections are raised
> > > within a day or two. One minor issue is that the proposed patch makes
> > > use of static Log instances that generally are to be avoided. Otherwise
> > > the patch looks good to me.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Oleg
> > >

> > Thanks, Oleg.
> >
> > I have attached a version that has no logging at all altogether.
> >
> > My $0.02 -  given that this is independent with backward compatibility
> > still, would it be possible to backport this to 4.1.x releases , to help
> > incorporate this in our codebases , sooner than later.
>
> The evil side of me wants you to upgrade to 4.2 sooner ;-)

The hacker side of me would happily do that or at least test-build the same
:) , but the practical side of me, when we work on a bunch of projects ,
closed and in the open source world, is still conservative and
not-upgrade-to-a-major-release, unless broken kind of thing.  We can live
with a patched version internally, given the nature of the patch and catch
the release train hopefully soon !!