hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too Many Open Files Exception
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:09:43 GMT
> Good ol' #releaseConnection() method will be back in HttpClient 4.2

Good. I think that will help to simplify things and cause less
confusion. I don't know... maybe I'm the only confused one :-)

> This code is likely to leak connections in case of a runtime (unchecked) exception.

Good point...

While we're discussing it, why are there separate classes/interfaces
in core and client for an HttpRequest:

org.apache.http.HttpRequest - core
org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpRequestBase - client

Would it be beneficial to merge some of this together? Is it that the
classes in core simply represent a request as it arrives at a server,
and the methods from client represent the request as it's being made
to the server. Aren't they about the same?

I'm sure there is history here... curious as to what it is and why the
decisions were made.

As always, Oleg thank you very much for your help!

Bill-