hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async Server Keep Connections Open for HTTP 1.0
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:15:56 GMT
On Nov 16, 2011 4:59 PM, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> I am pretty sure the server is expected to respond with a HTTP/1.0
> message but cannot back it up with an excerpt from the spec.

The only thing I found in the spec (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2068.txt)
was in section 19.7: an HTTP 1.1 server should respond to a client with a
message in the same major version number.

> We can think about changing the API in such a way that an empty response
> object is created by the framework instead of leaving it up to
> individual handlers.
>
> Feel free to raise a change request in JIRA.

I'll open an improvement request, because I don't think it's a bug.
However, I've actaully been bit by this twice now; fool me once...

Bill-