hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async Server Keep Connections Open for HTTP 1.0
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:30:14 GMT
Fair enough... I'm going to change my current JIRA ticket as what I
described in that ticket is not the proper way to "fix" the problem as
Robert pointed out.

Oleg, any ideas on how to go about fixing this? Things will get
confusing fast as a 0.9, 1.0, or 1.1 request can come in, but the
developer can send back a 0.9, 1.0, or 1.1 request. I'll look into
it...

Bill-

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 05:15:56PM -0500, Bill Speirs wrote:
>> On Nov 16, 2011 4:59 PM, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> > I am pretty sure the server is expected to respond with a HTTP/1.0
>> > message but cannot back it up with an excerpt from the spec.
>>
>> The only thing I found in the spec (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2068.txt)
>> was in section 19.7: an HTTP 1.1 server should respond to a client with a
>> message in the same major version number.
>>
>> > We can think about changing the API in such a way that an empty response
>> > object is created by the framework instead of leaving it up to
>> > individual handlers.
>> >
>> > Feel free to raise a change request in JIRA.
>>
>> I'll open an improvement request, because I don't think it's a bug.
>> However, I've actaully been bit by this twice now; fool me once...
>>
>> Bill-
>
> Hi Bill
>
> I was wrong. A HTTP/1.1 compliant server should respond with a HTTP/1.1 response to a
HTTP/1.0 request but ensure that composition of the message is fully compatible with HTTP/1.0.