hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Coverity
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:50:03 GMT
On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 10:35 -0500, Bill Speirs wrote:
> At work we have started using Coverity -- a static analysis tool --
> for some C++ code and it's good at finding otherwise hard-to-find
> defects. I have not tested it against Java code yet, but they support
> scanning open source projects for free. All that is needed is for the
> project admin to send an e-mail to scan-admin@coverity.com:
> http://scan.coverity.com/developers-faq.html
>
> I think having HttpComponents run through the Coverity scan could be
> beneficial. Thoughts?
>
> Bill-

Bill

It is a great idea but personally simply have no bandwidth left for it.
I can hardly find time to deal with the backlog of patches.

There is no such thing as a project admin for ASF projects. There is a
group of people responsible for day to day project management (so called
project management committee). As far as I understand one does not need
to be a PMC member to speak for an ASF project community. You are
welcome to take the matter into your own hands and approach Coverity on
behalf of HttpComponents.

Oleg