hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2-alpha1 release based on RC1
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:21:43 GMT
On 30 October 2011 16:20, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client
> 4.2-alpha1. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
> from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.2-alpha1-RC1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.2-alpha1-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-121/org/apache/httpcomponents/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2-alpha1-RC1/

The NOTICE files for fluent and cache state:

Copyright 1999-2011 The Apache Software Foundation

This is not strictly true, as the fluent and cache modules are more recent.

I don't think this is a blocker, but we should consider fixing the
dates (and adding <inceptionYear> to the poms) for the next release.