hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Moore <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CachinghttpClient - per request Via headers could be cached
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:10:33 GMT
I think we are talking about the Via header that gets generated and
inserted by the caching layer, right? I think the proposed Map would
be fine, although I'm actually very confused about the times Vasile is
reporting. I believe (but I will double-check) that generating the Via
header is barely more complicated than a String.format(), so I'm not
sure why this is taking 8ms at all, let alone 3 seconds. This
definitely doesn't match my experience using the caching client.

Vasile, can you share the code you're using to take the measurements?
I'd like to be able to reproduce this so we can understand what's
going on here.

Thanks,
Jon