hc-dev mailing list archives

From Vasile Alin <alinachegal...@gmail.com>
Subject CachinghttpClient - per request Via headers could be cached
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:21:37 GMT
Since we handle a small number of protocols (such as HTTP and HTTPS
1.0 and 1.1), we could cache generated Via headers in
CachingHttpClient. Each header takes around 3 seconds to create on my
machine - Win7 64 bit, AMD Turion X2 & 4Gb of RAM - (would be
interesting to find values for other platforms) and would worth
improving this area by caching generated Via headers by putting them
in a Map with a ProtocolVersion key.

Tests show that having this cache in place reduces the time to
generate a Via header for each request from 3 seconds to 8 millis.
What do you think?

Alin