hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpAsyncClient milestones?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:35:30 GMT
On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 01:48 -0700, Rosen Anastasov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for information regarding the HttpAsyncClient milestone plans. Do you have
plan when beta1 will be availabe? Or some plans for GA?

> Regards,
> Rosen Anastasov

Hi Rosen

I would not like to rush the API freeze for HttpAsyncClient 4.0 the same
way we rushed the API freeze for HttpCllient 4.0 in order to make Google
happy. That did not work quite well for us at all.

HttpCore 4.2 and HttpClient 4.2 would need to go BETA before
HttpAsyncClient API could be frozen. That is likely to take a while, a
few months maybe. Realistically I do not see HttpAsyncClient 4.0 BETA
any time sooner than January 2012.

Oleg