hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release parent 5 based on RC1
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:50:03 GMT
On 12 September 2011 17:12, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the Maven artifacts as HttpComponents parent pom 5.
>
> The previous release of the pom was 4.1.1; with this release we are
> moving to an independent release cycle for the parent pom. This
> decoupling will make it easier to provide fixes in future.
>
> The main changes since 4.1.1 are:
> - updated to current version of all plugins and dependencies
> - fixed duplicate reference to resources plugin
> - added buildnumber plugin; add tag name and last changed revision to
> jar manifests
> - added snapshot repo definition
> - only generate mailing-lists page for parent; add detailed header to the page
> - added Announce list to mailing list page
> - added Markmail archive references
> - site plugin now works with Maven 3
> - added version properties for all report plugins (needed for Maven3)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> Anyone may vote, but only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding.
> The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast and there
> are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-050/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/tags/5-RC1/

>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release
>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1.
>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Oops - just realised that the vote mail was wrong - we've all voted
(again) on releasing HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release !!

Sorry about that - reused an existing mail and forgot to change that bit.

This may cause confusion in future and is not a valid vote.

So I'm cancelling this vote thread and restarting.

Apologies.