hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release parent 5 based on RC1 (corrected e-mail)
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:53:52 GMT
This is a revote, as the previous vote mail referred to
HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 in the voting section.

Very sorry for any inconvenience.

Please vote on releasing the Maven artifacts as HttpComponents parent pom 5.

The previous release of the pom was 4.1.1; with this release we are
moving to an independent release cycle for the parent pom. This
decoupling will make it easier to provide fixes in future.

The main changes since 4.1.1 are:
- updated to current version of all plugins and dependencies
- fixed duplicate reference to resources plugin
- added buildnumber plugin; add tag name and last changed revision to
jar manifests
- added snapshot repo definition
- only generate mailing-lists page for parent; add detailed header to the page
- added Announce list to mailing list page
- added Markmail archive references
- site plugin now works with Maven 3
- added version properties for all report plugins (needed for Maven3)

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
Anyone may vote, but only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding.
The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast and there
are more +1 than -1 votes.

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-050/

SVN tag: