hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha2 release based on RC1
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:11:14 GMT
On 19 September 2011 15:00, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 09:43 -0400, Bill Speirs wrote:
>> I  never like the idea of removing test cases... could we bump the timeouts
>> up?

I tried adding a pause of 90 seconds at line 176 of
TestDefaultIOReactors, but that did not help - the server connection
count check always fails.

>> I just updated to r1172624, and all tests pass for me. My system was
>> completely unused except for these tests though.

Which OS?

I am using WinXP; system not heavily loaded.

> Socket / connect timeout values for test cases are currently set to 60
> seconds which looks adequate. Since I am unable to reproduce the problem
> in the first place, I am not sure bumping timeout values would solve it.
> At any rate, this can be done after the release and I am not sure this
> issue should block the release at all.

I think we need to know a bit more about the possible cause to be sure
it's not a critical issue.

I'll try and see if I can debug further here.