hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Duplicate mailing list pages
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:09:36 GMT
We have a general mailing list page [1], but we also generate
individual pages for each project [2].

The general page is very thorough, but does not contain a summary of
the lists and archives etc.
The individual pages have a neat summary, but don't include the
necessary information regarding posting etiquette etc.

So I think it would be helpful to users if we tidy this up.

It's now possible to customise Maven info reports, including the
mailing list page [3], so it is now possible to add more information
to the individual reports; for example I created a sample mail-list
page at:

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/hc/mail-lists.html

Unfortunately, it seems to be quite complicated to use the same
properties file for all modules, so this would involve adding the same
file to each project. [Tedious initially, and tedious to maintain, but
hopefully that would not be a frequent occurrence once the
wording/layout is agreed initially.]

Alternatively, we can just drop the auto-generated mail pages, which
all have the same body content anyway (I think).  If we do that, we
should probably add a table like the one from the generated page [2]
to the end of [1]

Thoughts?

[1] http://hc.apache.org/mail.html
[2] http://hc.apache.org/mail-lists.html