hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha2 release based on RC1
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:07:55 GMT
On 19 September 2011 15:11, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 September 2011 15:00, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 09:43 -0400, Bill Speirs wrote:
>>> I  never like the idea of removing test cases... could we bump the timeouts
>>> up?
>
> I tried adding a pause of 90 seconds at line 176 of
> TestDefaultIOReactors, but that did not help - the server connection
> count check always fails.
>

>>> I just updated to r1172624, and all tests pass for me. My system was
>>> completely unused except for these tests though.
>>>

> Which OS?
>
> I am using WinXP; system not heavily loaded.
>

>> Socket / connect timeout values for test cases are currently set to 60
>> seconds which looks adequate. Since I am unable to reproduce the problem
>> in the first place, I am not sure bumping timeout values would solve it.
>> At any rate, this can be done after the release and I am not sure this
>> issue should block the release at all.
>
> I think we need to know a bit more about the possible cause to be sure
> it's not a critical issue.
>
> I'll try and see if I can debug further here.

Found a bug in the test case (fixed in SVN) - client connections were
not being maintained; wrong field used in client handler.

However, this does not fix the server connection count mismatch, which
is now expected <7>, was <5>.

I added stack traces to the server handler, and found that server
connections continue to be connected after the call to server
shutdown.

Two servers are connected during the main test; following server.shutdown I see:
connect
connect
close
close