hc-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Lightbody <patr...@lightbody.net>
Subject Re: NHttpReverseProxy.java
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:42:42 GMT
Got it - thanks! Our performance requirements aren't that high, so perhaps we'll leave BrowserMob
Proxy alone for now.

On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 08:29 -0700, Patrick Lightbody wrote:
>> Thanks for sharing the new async stuff. I'm curious about the example you linked
to: NHttpReverseProxy.java.

>> Can you share a bit more about what that does exactly?
>
> You can point NHttpReverseProxy at an external site (say www.apache.org)
> and use a browser to access content of the target server through the
> proxy. The client (browser) does not even need to know that the site it
> is interacting with is actually a proxy. Hence the term reverse proxy.
>

>> I always get a bit confused when talk of "proxies" and "reverse proxies" come up.
I ask because I have an open source project that is using an old Jetty 5 proxy (w/ mods) that
was capable of doing SSL man-in-the-middle proxying (provided your browser had a special CA
installed). Wondering if we might be able to simplify the codebase with some of the stuff
you've been working on!