hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Should HC retry all SocketExceptions?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:06:14 GMT
The method DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler.retryRequest currently
retries IOExceptions which are not:

InterruptedIOException
UnknownHostException
ConnectException
SSLException

However, this includes exceptions such as the following:

org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient: I/O exception
(java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: socket
closed
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient: Retrying request

and

org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient: I/O exception
(java.net.BindException) caught when connecting to the target host:
Address already in use: connect
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient: Retrying connect

which seems wrong (but perhaps I am wrong).

I discovered this because JMeter currently uses Socket.close() to
interrupt an active sample. Probably there is a better way to do this.