hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Brisbin <...@jbrisbin.com>
Subject Re: Using async HTTP client to upload 1GB entity
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:34:32 GMT
I did look at those but I wasn't able to divine from them what I need to adapt to my situation.
I'm not starting with a File. I'm not use a FileChannel, either. I have simply a chunk of
data that needs to be streamed to a PUT endpoint. I need to call ContentEncoder.write() each
time I get a chunk. My question is basically, if I do this, does the ByteBuffer get sent down
the wire to the server so I can reclaim that buffer and call write() again with a different
chunk of data?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
http//jbrisbin.com