hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpCore-NIO Logging
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:14:18 GMT
Does HttpCore-NIO not have any debug logging statements in it? I couldn't
find any in my grepping through the source, or a dependency in the project's
pom.xml. Why?

I've written a server using HttpCore-NIO and the
BufferingHttpServiceHandler, following the example from NHttpServer.java.
When I test my server with 10 concurrent connections making 10 total
requests (ab -c 10 -n 10) all of the connections timeout, but wait
CoreConnectionPNames.SO_TIMEOUT before doing so. Why would all of the
connections timeout? What makes a connection timeout after handling the
request?

The biggest difference between my server and the one in the example is that
my server is currently NOT modifying the HttpResponse in any way before
returning from the handle method. Is this an error? Is this what's causing
the timeout?

I'm very, very new to NIO and HttpCore-NIO in particular so any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Bill-