hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michel Onoff <michel.on...@web.de>
Subject Are requests and responses self-contained?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:10:01 GMT
Hello,

consider the following code, which form some reason assumes that
requests have enclosing entities

// conn is a DefaultHttpServerConnection, for example
req1 = (HttpEntityEnclosingRequest) conn.receiveRequestHeader();
conn.receiveRequestEntity(req1);

req2 = (HttpEntityEnclosingRequest) conn.receiveRequestHeader();
conn.receiveRequestEntity(req2);

Can I later say req1.getRequestLine() or req1.getEntity(), even if in
the meantime I got req2 from the same connection?
In other words, are requests fully self-contained and totally
independent from the connection once both the header and the entity (if
existing) have been received?

Analogous question for responses and related entities...

Thanks
Michel