hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpClient Performance Issues
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:02:30 GMT
Hi Bill
> When I run the benchmark (compiling just TestHttpClient4.java) against
> this server I get the following:
>
> Concurrency level:      100
> Time taken for tests:   6.906 seconds
> Complete requests:      1000
> Failed requests:        0
> Content transferred:    45000 bytes
> Requests per second:    144.80162 [#/sec] (mean)
This seems very odd to me.. I've been using the JavaBench
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/httpcore-benchmark>

/ or a variant for many years to performance test ESB's and it has
performed very well. I've seen problems sometimes with ab, which this
code never encounters. It maybe slightly slower than the native ab
performance, but its generally very good and stable.

I'm not sure what you mean as TestHttpClient4.java - but if you like,
try out a rather customized version
<http://adroitlogic.org/samples-articles-and-tutorials/15-tutorials/18-getting-started-with-the-adroitlogic-toolbox-for-the-ultraesb.html>

of this code for comparison and check the numbers. The non GUI version
can be a bit faster than with the Swing client, but the difference is
not huge

cheers
asankha

--