hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "HttpComponentsCoreReleaseProcess" by JonMoore
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:46:48 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The "HttpComponentsCoreReleaseProcess" page has been changed by JonMoore:
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpComponentsCoreReleaseProcess?action=diff&rev1=27&rev2=28

  About HttpComponents Core -
  HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build
  custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports

- two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and non-blocking,
+ two I/O models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a non-blocking,
  event driven I/O model based on Java NIO.  The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate

  for data intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be more
  appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is less important than