hc-dev mailing list archives

From Thom Nichols <tmnich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fluent HttpClient
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:31:46 GMT
Comment re: URIBuilder: http://code.google.com/p/fluent-hc/wiki/UriBuilder

I'd suggest changing cloneURI to `builder.from("http://existing/uri")`.
Also the URIBuilder constructor should take an existing URI object or string
URI as the initial URI to build upon.

Are values URL-encoded by the builder or are they assumed to already be
encoded?  You should allow the ability to do both, either by duplicate
methods like `setPathEscaped` or some funky switching like

builder
  .escaped()
  .setPath("monty%20python")
  .unescaped()