hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore 4.2 planning
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:03:08 GMT
On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 23:12 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > I do not have any particular time frame in mind for 4.2a1 at the moment.
> > The biggest work item on my list for the release is port of low level
> > connection pooling code from HttpClient and HttpAsyncClient to HttpCore.
> > This might take a while. Feel free to release 4.2a1 sooner if you are
> > willing to take on the job of the release manager. And by all means feel
> > free to merge connection debugging enhancements to the 4.1.x branch.
> I'd like to do a 4.2-alpha1 of the codebase as it is by around next
> week.. I do not see any important issues targeting 4.2-alpha1 on the
> JIRA. This will also allow us to skip merging the connection debug code
> and the #261 code to the 4.1.x branch unless they are really needed there
>
> thanks
> asankha

Asankha

I am not trying to dissuade you but I can't help feeling there would be
too little substance to the 4.2 alpha release at this point. There are
virtually no difference between the trunk and the 4.1.x branch besides
removed deprecated stuff and generified blocking components. If you
merge the connection debugging enhancements I could cut the 4.1.2 off
the 4.1.x branch mid next week.

Cheers

Oleg