hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject HttpCore 4.2 planning; was Re: Keeping track of Socket Timeout set time
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:14:49 GMT
On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 11:15 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:

> >>   Oleg, do you have any plans of making the 4.1.2 release soon
> > Yes, within a week or two
> Do you have a time frame for 4.2-alpha1 in the near future too? I'm
> interested in some of the connection debugging enhancements we did to
> dump the local->remote sockets. If the 4.2-alpha1 will be delayed, I'm
> interested to merge those into 4.1.2 if possible

I do not have any particular time frame in mind for 4.2a1 at the moment.
The biggest work item on my list for the release is port of low level
connection pooling code from HttpClient and HttpAsyncClient to HttpCore.
This might take a while. Feel free to release 4.2a1 sooner if you are
willing to take on the job of the release manager. And by all means feel
free to merge connection debugging enhancements to the 4.1.x branch.

Cheers

Oleg