hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1133877
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:15:49 GMT
On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 14:01 +0000, jonm@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jonm
> Date: Thu Jun  9 14:01:41 2011
> New Revision: 1133877

> Log:
> + Noticed that the memcached dependency needed for the caching module
>   is not provided by Maven Central, so we couldn't build the project
>   if the memcached jar wasn't already in the local repository. I added
>   a <repository> for the pom for httpclient-cache, since that's the
>   only module that needs it, but if we'd prefer to put that in the
>   parent pom I can certainly move it there too (not sure what the
>   prevailing opinion is on this).

Hi Jon

The repository is already defined at the project pom level. I thought
that modules were supposed to inherit repositories as well as other
stuff defined at the parent level. If, for whatever reason, my
assumption was wrong I think we should remove the memcached repository
from the parent pom. There is no point having it defined in two places.

Oleg