hc-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Grisel <olivier.gri...@ensta.org>
Subject Re: Introduce the project of Developing Fluent API / Facade to HttpClient
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 21:46:35 GMT
2011/5/18 Xu, Lilu <lilu.xu@cs.helsinki.fi>:
> Dear all,
>
> My name is Lilu and I am a student of University of Helsinki who has been selected to
the Develop fluent API / facade to HttpClient Project [1] in Google Summer of Code 2011, mentored
by Oleg Kalnichevski. Because this is my first time to participate in an open-source project,
I really need your advice and help. Since the project has just started and I do not exactly
know how to accomplish this task, it will be greatly appreciated that you would like to share
some ideas and suggestions with me.

> Best,
> Lilu
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1076

Hi,

The current code is here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/trunk/commons/testing/http/

You will probably want to fork your own copy outside of the stanbol
source tree and get rid of the org.apache.stanbol package name prefix
(to be replaced by org.apache.http instead). Maybe you can work in a
branch of the httpcomponents svn repo. See with your mentor directly
for the organizational details.

Bertrand will probably better explain his design goals when he started
this module.

Also you should review the Jersey client API (for design inspiration
only, as this is not released under an ASL2 compatible license hence
the implementation should not be copied / pasted). This API is quite
similar and might give you some interesting patterns not yet
implemented in Bertrand's prototype.

  http://blogs.oracle.com/sandoz/entry/jersey_client_api

--
Olivier