hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Xu, Lilu" <cooki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First few classes
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 11:16:34 GMT
Hi,

here is two different ideas about this project in my mind now. One is
similar as Oleg said: creating some builders and utilities classes providing
an "simple and lightweight" way to use the methods in HttpClient. The other
is more closed to my current implementation: creating new classes with
fluent methods, meanwhile they also implement the interfaces defined in
HttpClient such that they are compatible with the existed classes in
HttpClient.

BTW, the FluentRequest in my "first few classes" can also be treated as an
org.apache.http.HttpRequest. For example, you can use the DefaultHttpClient
to interact with FluentRequest or FluentResponse as follow.

FluentRequest request = request("http://www.apache.org/").by(GET_METHOD);
DefaultHttpClient client = new DefaultHttpClient();
HttpResponse response = client.execute(request);
System.out.println(response.getEntity().getContentLength());
// ...

Do you have any suggestions about these two ideas?

Lilu