hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Calling of NHttpRequestExecutionHandler.finalizeContext()
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 16:18:58 GMT
Hi Oleg

Thanks for the explanation.. I guess EventListener interface may
increasingly be used for protocol handling, and so we could just make it
clear in the documentation. I will update the Javadocs with this
information.

On a slightly different - but related note, if the remote party was to
close the connection abruptly while writing its response entity, and if
length delimited encoding was used, it seems like we accept the partial
response as a successfully received full response, instead of a socket
close. I am trying this with a ESB level unit test and a raw TCP socket
server ..

I believe this is caused by the following completion check in read() and
transfer():
         if (bytesRead == -1) {
             this.completed = true;
             return -1;
         }

Do you think we should also check if the expected length was received?

thanks
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera