hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: First few classes
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 16:03:20 GMT
On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 14:49 +0300, Lilu Xu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the project of a fa├žade API of HttpClient with fluent style now is hosted on the Google
Code [1]. Some few classes have been implemented. Source code and javadoc should be found
on the project website. I also wrote a Wiki page of those classes [2]. Hopefully you could
drop me some comments.

> Best,
> Lilu
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/fluent-hc/
> [2] http://code.google.com/p/fluent-hc/wiki/RequestExecution

Lilu

It is great you have been making progress.

I do not want to impose any particular design onto you. However, as a
potential user of the fluent API I would be happier if I could pick out
just those classes from fluent-hc that simplify routine operations for
me while continuing to use the 'native' HttpClient API where it suits
me. In other words it would prefer to have request builders that return
fully initialized HttpRequest instance which could be just passed to a
normal HttpClient instance for execution instead of having to work with
a completely new HTTP request / response abstraction and a complete set
of new classes.

HttpRequestBuilder builder = new HttpRequestBuilder();
HttpUriRequest request = builder.by(GET_METHOD).build();

Just an idea for you to consider.

Oleg