hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fluent HttpClient module list
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 08:33:32 GMT
On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 00:47 +0300, Lilu Xu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wrote a list [1] of modules and function points I suppose to implement in the "fluent"
facade API of HttpClient. It is mainly based on the use-cases noted in the HttpClient user
tutorial. If any of you have advices or suggestions (e.g., merge/split modules, missing some
vital functional points, etc.), please let me know, by email or directly write a comment below
the list (it can be edited anonymously).
> After finishing a module, in my future work, I will create a wiki page on the project
host site. Description and some demo codes will be presented in that wiki page.

> Best,
> Lilu
>
> [1] https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmpiN3H1I3fndFBaOHpoSzI4MHlMS3RaSVg3ZEFrUkE&hl=en_US&authkey=CJTnkIoG

Looks quite comprehensive to me.

I suggest to start off by implementing a few very simple cases
relatively early, and then revisiting the overall design having made
some hands-on experience with the first few classes. Builder classes for
URI and HttpGet objects seem like good candidates.

Cheers

Oleg