hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trapping the successful completion of a request end time and response end time
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 14:41:54 GMT
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 19:24 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I want to know:
>
> 1) the time when we have completed sending a http request to a remote
> server (i.e. and awaiting its response) when using HttpCore/NIO client
>
> 2) the time when we have completed writing a response back to a client
> to a HttpCore/NIO server
>
> What is the best way to get these two values
>
> thanks
> asankha

Asankha

NHttpClientConnection / NHttpServerConnection implementation classes
would be the best place to collect performance metrics in my opinion.
You might want to extend the default impl classes and add additional
logic to collect performance relevant timestamps and stick them to the
connection metrics and the context. Protocol handlers could be used to
correlate request / response messages and assemble performance stats for
each individual HTTP request / response exchange or a series of
exchanges.

Does this help in any way?

Oleg