hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Truncated content-length delimited message bodies
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 19:54:52 GMT
On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 00:55 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> On 05/13/2011 12:30 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > It is hard to tell without seeing a wire log or a code snippet. Is there
> > any chance you could reproduce the problem with a self contained
> > application?
> Hi Oleg
>
> Its a bit late over here.. so let me attach the raw mock echo server I
> am using to test this. When sending the "close-write" header on a
> request, it writes one byte back and closes the socket..
>
> However I assume my earlier analysis on the Java Channel.transferFrom()
> maybe more useful, as I suspect the issue lies there. If so, we could
> expose the fact that a partial response has been received, so that
> higher level code can use that instead for error handling?
>
> regards
> asankha

Asankha

I am also puzzled by the code snipped you posted in your previous
message. The way they handle IOExceptions makes no sense to me at all. I
am also unable to reproduce the problem using the test app, as it is not
clear to me how the client side is expected to interact with it.

Worse, currently I do not see how this problem correlates with my latest
changes.

Let us pick it up tomorrow.

Oleg