hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Truncated content-length delimited message bodies
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 11:28:13 GMT

> Hi Oleg
>
> Just saw that you had called off the vote.. I will check the fix once
> the changes are committed

Hi Asankha

Fixed committed to SVN trunk

Please review the changes and let me know if you find anything
disagreeable.

I'll merge the changes to 4.1.x branch as soon as I get an OK from you.

> I assume that sometimes the content length does go off from the actual
> size in reality by some servers.. Do you think length checking could
> cause too many false alarms in such cases?

It is difficult to say. I presume such protocol violations are not that
uncommon. On the other hand one can still choose to catch and ignore the
I/O exception thrown by the codec and accept partial content as a valid
message.

Cheers

Oleg