hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1098093
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 19:22:19 GMT

> I'm not sure I understand why the 4.1.x changes are different from the
> trunk changes.

Ideally 0.0.x releases should be fully compatible so one could upgrade /
downgrade patch releases without having to recompile and redeploy. That
basically means there can be no new methods / classes in 0.0.x releases

> Why does ConnManagerParams.getTimeout - above - now return
> "http.connection.timeout" if "http.conn-manager.timeout" is not
> defined?

This is the only way I could think of to preserve behavioral
compatibility with 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 releases

> If a default is to be applied, should that not be done in
> DefaultRequestDirector instead?

Fair point. I would not bother with the 4.1.x branch but certainly could
be done in trunk.

Oleg