hc-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Speirs <bill.spe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server Cookies
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:07:17 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Last time I looked at Tomcat's source, which admittedly was a long time
> ago, there was something called Coyote connector. Coyote is basically a
> low level server-side HTTP transport.

Purely for historical interest, which was started first: tomcat's
coyote or http-components? I can search the Internet if no one here
knows off the top of their head.

> Not entirely impossible but I would consider a Martian invasion more
> likely. There is simply no convincing reason for any of established
> Servlet engines to drop their custom HTTP code in favor of HttpCore.
> Anyone to suggest such an idea would be laughed at.

Well I appreciate you not laughing at me... at least in your e-mail
:-) It's just too bad to see such duplication of work IMO.

> While quite similar server side cookies are still different beasts. Some
> attributes that make sense on the client side are meaningless on the
> server side. I think server side cookies should be better represented by
> specific interfaces / classes tailored specifically for server side
> use.

Noted.

> Hope this helps

It does... thanks!